Make Good Use Of (Your) Time - It Cannot Be Repeated
Time. What an important element of our life. Without it what can we do? With it, do we make the most of things.
- We have sufficient for many things but we must choose our pursuits wisely, to make wise use of our days. So that they are as enjoyable and productive as we can make them.
- Can we make it? Discuss. A good exam question but also pertinent to our life - today.
- Can this elusive element of life cast a spell on you? Or you on it?
- Is this moment just a phase we are going through - or more important than that?
- Do we make best use of our it, or do waste most of it? Sure, we need downtime but not all day, every day.
- Is our life productive or just a drag? In whose hands does the answer lie?
- Does this measurement really exist anyway - or is it manmade?
- And though we may try to repeat glorious, fulfilling experiences, can we? Not exactly can we? It will be its own way, and not an exact replica of the previous episode - for how can it be?
- Are we on the button - punctual? Are we slaves of of the tempo of life? Can we (re)produce it? It has this unfathomable quality. Can it really stand still?
- Deja vu is real - we have experienced it. Something so familiar, someone a stranger who seems to be a friend - just waiting to be met and found and joined and shared.
This is one of the big elements in our everyday life. But what is it? Can it change things or is that down to us? We can blame it and the day and anything - but ourselves. With that comes tension and pressures and other emotions to cope with. These add anxiety and further burdens to otherwise pressurized lives. We need to quickly put it into its rightful place in our life. To put things into perspective for ourselves we will question and ponder, think and reassess - what we do, who we are, our tensions and anxieties, ourselves. At 'times' like these words can be very powerful - healing, soothing, comforting, relaxing . . .
The power of words . . .
As we read we can let the words gently flow over us. We can let the words quietly be spoken to us in there own sweet way. We can let ourselves open to the thoughts and their meanings, the ideas and their origin, the phrases and the understandings that they have ready for us. Ready for us to assimilate and take on board. If we let them filter through and allow the words their power to move and rejuvenate. If we let ourselves be uplifted and filled with their sometimes hidden insights. Let them gently and slowly impact on our lives as we read - and in the future when we recall their meaning for us.
I hope this page will do this and more. I hope this example will help to express life in an insightful, penetrating but easy to read manner. And help us to question the lives we lead and the manner in which we live them.
What do we do with our time
not to use it well is a crime
important issues we use our prime
when all goes well it is sublime
in the afternoon we have teatime
when we need do we mime
essentials may be just onetime
rest, relaxation our downtime
alarm bells are our chime
out of trouble we might climb
out of sequence maybe mistime
instead might be meantime
but out of all make the most use of your lifetime
Time needs to be personal
otherwise it might annul
our efforts to act and produce
lest we have no real excuse
For not achieving our aims
we hate it when somebody claims
that our time is really theirs
that would be one of our nightmares
For we want to be our own person
responsible for each and every action
that we commit and make real
they are not there for someone to steal
Ours is the name of the game
this period is ours to proclaim
hands off this is mine
and we cannot combine
These moments with even a close friend
they have theirs and we have ours
we cannot barter nor append
our live with another under these stars
Is time under our control
if not used well do we get in a hole
from which stress comes and we cannot console
ourselves with thoughts of how time does roll
on and on, but where is our goal
we need first to find our true role
then we can our purpose in life extol
and our rightful path we can enroll
and our inner life and our soul
needs be part of this stroll
and avoid banana skins and the odd pothole
How do you measure time well spent
it has an impact on life or a dent
our actions, deeds, thoughts, need our consent
and should be full of good, productive content
less we miss chances and have to lament
and we should always offer honest intent
all the time and not just a percent
for that others might resent
our lack of commitment and vent
their feelings on us on our time misspent
With our life each day is there a beat
we must make good use of time and not cheat
for then many actions will remain incomplete
and projects, thou important, we might admit defeat
if we don't our socks pull up and repeat
that we need confidence, motivation, and remain upbeat
about our life and our path do not retreat
we want the benefits and life to be sweet
so put in the effort and not mistreat
others, ourselves, our day, no deceit
bad actions, negative thoughts, please delete
be fair with others and be discreet
for life is so important and so fleet
make the most of each day, they will not repeat
our life can be over in just one heartbeat