Be proud of your behavior. Rise above your emotions. Let your nature shine through.
Our behavior separates us from the crowd. It shows that we human beings can rise above emotions and other challenges of everyday life. Human attitudes are as diverse as the emotions that we experience and feel. Why do negative emotions seem to get the better of us? What is human nature and is it at the core of the way we behave or is there more to it all?
Human nature is an oft looked at but ill-understood thing. How can we rise above things to be the 'superior' creature that logic would say that we ought to be. Falling prey to emotions - negative or positive - may not be the way forward to a balanced, satisfying and successful life.
We can live consciously and make a real impact in life or fall prey to any emotion that comes along. How we behave is our choice, our decision as to which route we take. And this decision is moment by moment, day by day, constantly there before us to make. With thought, supported by our value system
, we can travel the path that leads us to walk with pride through life. And in so doing, make a real contribution to life as a whole.
So, when we talk about human behavior or nature what do we mean?
- How we act or react to outside influences
- Whether we act with thought and consideration or are led along by outside forces
- Our actions can be acceptable or unacceptable, common or unusual
- We can act with meaning and purpose, or be rudderless
- We can be well motivated or we can be poorly motivated
- How we behave can be influenced by culture, attitudes, emotions, values, ethics, persuasion and authority to name a few
- How we behave can be affected by our attitudes, what we perceive to be the norm, and our expectation of success from our action
All in all, human-behavior is a complex thing. We can live a long life and remain a student of how and why we behave the way that we do.
What part do our emotions (negative or otherwise) play?
Behavior is what a man does, not what he thinks, feels, or believes. Emily Dickinson
- They can play an important role in all our activities
- They can be hard to define or categorise
- We associate them mentally with both thoughts and feelings
- Some believe they occur unconsciously
- Others focus more, not on the emotion itself, but what instigates it
- Yet others think they arise principally as a result of bodily changes
So, like behaviour, our emotions
are both complex and varied in nature.
What questions might you have?
- So tell me, what is behavior?
- Is it linked with psychology?
- Can it be abnormal?
- How does it work in organizations?
- How about some behavior quotes?
- What is human nature?
- Can you give me a definition?
- Can you lighten the load with some quotes on human nature?
- What is the nature of human society??
- Can you define human nature ethics?
- Human nature is good - can we change our nature?
- So, where does my self image fit in?
- Can you tell me the primary emotions?
- Can I overcome negative emotions?
- Can you give me a list of human emotions?
What can you find here? What's in it for you?
Many people love in themselves what they hate in others. Benzel Sternan
We will be looking at how our behavior can dictate our lives. We will provide some answers and some background to the questions raised in the last section. Control is important. Our actions, attitudes and emotions have a big bearing on how we behave and our resulting self esteem
Feel free to check out the following pages in your quest in understanding behavior and the part it has to play in your life.
If you want to change attitudes, start with a change in behavior. William Glasser
Behaviour - a sign of our life and how we live. Behave with dignity and respect both for yourself, others and the world you live in.
Abnormal human behaviour is behaving in an unacceptable way. This can be either to harm others or to take advantage of others. We should remember that we can fall prey to our own abnormal behavior.
Behavior quotes - be lifted by a variety of quotations and insights. Let them help you behave well in your life.
Human Nature is at the core of what we are. We can all strive to make a contribution and be proud of who we are and what we do.
Human nature quotes - be lifted by a variety of quotations and insights. Let them help you make a difference in your life.
As a rule, there is no surer way to the dislike of men than to behave well where they have behaved badly. Lew Wallace
To find out more about my free monthly newsletter called 'Balance in Life'
please click on the 'Balance in Life' newsletter page
'Balance in Life' is emailed direct to the Inbox of those who subscribe and includes exclusive new material
in each issue.
I hope I'll be able to send you a copy soon.
It's QUICK and EASY, sign up Here - you have nothing to lose!
This site is for information purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition.
Please use the information responsibly. If in any doubt consult a qualified medical professional.
Copyright© 2008-13. Self-Esteem-Enhances-Life.com. All Rights Reserved.