Your Self Image - How You Identify Yourself - Your Own Mental Image
Your self image is how you evaluate yourself in your life. How you see yourself is very important in how you lead your life. It can be affected by outside influences. Self awareness is related to our image. Greater awareness can only enhance the image we have of ourselves.
Self actualization is Dr. Maslow's term to describe the pinnacle of human needs. And we all know the term 'comfort zone' but do we know how it affects our lives ( - how it can limit our actions and achievements)? Each of these areas of the self, in their own way, help give further support to our self esteem
and how it affects our lives.
Our image allows us to recognize our strengths and talents
and lends strength and purpose to our lives. It can help cement the place we have in the world around us, bringing increased satisfaction and fulfillment.
So, what can we say about self-image?
Where does self awareness and actualization fit in?
- It includes the physical aspects of our life - height, weight and so on
- It is affected by our own experiences and what we have learned
- It is affected by the judgments on us by others
- It can be a challenge for us to have a good image of ourselves
- It can be poor or inaccurate
- It is related to our self concept
- It is related to our self perception
- A poor image of ourselves affects our self esteem and how we tackle life
Things we might ask include:
What other questions might you have?
- How aware are we, and of what?
- How aware are we of our self image?
- How important is our self image to us?
- What are we willing to do to change our self image - if that is required?
- Self awareness presupposes our very existence as an individual
- It is something we perhaps don't consider as much as we should
- How can we be effective in life without self awareness?
- Can we really make a contribution to life if we don't evaluate what we do and how we are doing it?
To satisfy our search and thirst for knowledge and understanding we may ask some of the following:
What can you find here? What's in it for you?
We will be looking at self-image and its role in life. We will be seeing how it has links with self-awareness and self-actualization. We will be looking at how our comfort zone affects our lives and what we do or, perhaps more importantly, what we do not do. We will look at the points raised by the questions in the last section. We will provide some answers and some background to these important issues. We will see in simple terms how our self image, and the other facets of looking at ourselves, have a bearing on our self esteem
and hence our experience and enjoyment of life.
Feel free to check out the following pages in your quest in understanding self image and the part it has to play in your life.
Whatever is in any way beautiful has its source of beauty in itself and is complete in itself. Marcus Aurelius
Our image is the mental picture we hold dear
with effort, thought, awareness it can be clear
that we hold ourselves in a good, honest light
with healthy self acceptance our life is most bright
To find out more about my free monthly newsletter called 'Balance in Life'
please click on the 'Balance in Life' newsletter page
'Balance in Life' is emailed direct to the Inbox of those who subscribe and includes exclusive new material
in each issue.
I hope I'll be able to send you a copy soon.
It's QUICK and EASY, sign up Here - you have nothing to lose!
Back from Self Image to Self Esteem Enhances Life - Home
This site is for information purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition.
Please use the information responsibly. If in any doubt consult a qualified medical professional.
Copyright© 2008-19. Self-Esteem-Enhances-Life.com. All Rights Reserved.