Self esteem - a key to enjoyment, happiness and well-being in life.
With self esteem comes the confidence
to enjoy life to the full. This helps you to respect yourself and others. It enables you to be happy and be able to lead a better life.
Self esteem is essential to enjoy a fulfilling life. Develop or enhance your self respect. You will improve your experience of life, while having a healthier self concept. Be happy with who you are. Should you suffer from self consciousness, and who of us does not from time to time (you can admit it, you know), then raising and/or building on your esteem will help yourself in numerous ways.
So what is the definition of self-esteem? Can we define it?
In simple terms esteem means:
So what can I experience?
- To have a good opinion of yourself
- To feel you are a good and worthwhile person
- To like yourself as you are
- To accept yourself the way you are
- To have a healthy self respect, while also respecting others
- To take an active part in the life you have
- To look to improving your lot in life and making a contribution to the common good
What questions might you have?
What can you find here? What's in it for you?
- You recognize and celebrate your successes and achievements
- You value and utilize your strengths
- You may have doubts and don't know all the answers
- You don't put your self down - in action or word
- If you make a mistake you're happy to forgive yourself
- You are humble without being self effacing
- You don't judge yourself too harshly
- You don't beat yourself up for your weaknesses
- You are happy setting yourself targets and goals, and value any feedback
- You have developed a good balance between different parts of your life
We will be looking at self-esteem and its role in life. We will look at the points raised by the questions in the last section. We will provide some answers and some background to these important issues. In simple terms, we will be looking at how to get the most out of your life.
Feel free to check out the following pages in your quest in understanding self esteem and the part it has to play in your life.
A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. Mark Twain
To have a life with good self esteem
can come alive and not be a dream
respect and accept yourself is what you must do
then life enjoyable, productive, and can feel fresh and new
To find out more about my free monthly newsletter called 'Balance in Life'
please click on the 'Balance in Life' newsletter page
'Balance in Life' is emailed direct to the Inbox of those who subscribe and includes exclusive new material
in each issue.
I hope I'll be able to send you a copy soon.
It's QUICK and EASY, sign up Here - you have nothing to lose!